Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter...3,2,1 Cake......Scrap quilt.....Trip

Winter did not forget to come, it was just late getting here.  Woke up yesterday morning to about 4-5 inches of snow, and at the present time a flurrie is passing through and we are getting more snow. 

I received an e-mail recently that contained this cake recipe, it looks interesting but haven't tried it yet .

3, 2, 1 CAKE

This is perfect for those of us with just one or two in the house and hate to make a huge cake.
These individual little cakes are amazing and ready to go in one minute.

INGREDIENTS

1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 Box Cake Mix - any flavour


In a zip bag combine the two cake mixes and mix well.

For each individual cake serving take out  3 Tablespoons of the combined cake mix, and put in a microwavable safe container.
Add 2 tablespoons of water  and stir until combined.
Microwave on HIGH for one minute and you have an individual cake.
Cool and top each cake with whipped topping and/or fruit or topping of your choice.

Keep remaining cake mixture in a zip bag or container on a shelf in the cupboard.
Try various flavours but one cake mix must be Angel Food.

Remember: 3 tablespoons of cake mix, 2 tablespoons of water and 1 minute in the microwave.

I am still working on a scrap quilt at the present time, and I could make another with all the scraps I still in my sewing room.  Because of my need to create original pieces I am sketching ideas for another pictorial wall hanging. 

A fellow blogger has also asked if I was going to blog about my "bucket list" trip.  Yes, I will and hope not to bore all of you.  Where am I going, South Africa, and on Thursday last week paid my deposit. Over the coming months I will let you know more about it.

Keep warm
Patricia



6 comments:

Hazel said...

oh I will have to try this recipe it's perfect for hubby and I but I do wonder what about the eggs ,cake mixes always ask for eggs ?ok I will try it and let you know .
You keep mentioning that 4 letter word you know the one I mean Yuck .LOL .

Unknown said...

THERE IS NO WAY I'M GOING TO BE BORED HEARING ABOUT YOUR TRIP, CAN'T WAIT!

Sft x

Unknown said...

Hope you are getting on ok in the snow!

Did you see that I've given you an award?

Sft x

Mary said...

I must give that a try one of these days - sounds light and perhaps healthy, if cake can ever be healthy!!!!

Glad to know you are preparing for your SA trip - it's always exciting having a travel goal, perhaps I'll see you over there!! Maybe we'll bump into each other at Tambo airport, wouldn't that be amazing!!!!!!

Stay warm and be careful in the snow.
Hugs - Mary

Pokey said...

Good recipe share, Patricia. I saw one the other day that was an angel food cake mix, stirred together with canned lemon pie filling, making a spongy lemony dessert. I want to try both of these, better go get some angel food mixes!
have a good day, pokey

Gill - That British Woman said...

great cake recipe and I too can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Gill