Thursday, December 30, 2010

OMG I've won the lottery.................

No, just kidding, but to a quilter it's almost the same.

In my post of October 29, I mentioned that after 21 years a friend "MM" with whom I had lost contact with called me on the phone. Since then we have met for lunch and talked several times. Today we met again for lunch and a good chat.
MM paints porcelain as a hobby and as source of extra spending money. She is a wonderful artist and does some lovely things. She is not a quilter or even a sewer, but had good intentions of making a quilt with some fabric that she purchased a couple of years ago, but that is as far as it got.
Today, she gave me seven different pieces of fabric, totalling 25 yards, she doesn't want me to make her a quilt she just gave it all to me. How lucky can I be.

Here is a photo of the fabric, it looks brighter that the photo shows.

Patricia

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Wow lucky you ,I think I may have the two bottom ones .

Becky said...

The fabrics are gorgeous! They'll keep you busy for awhile, huh! I love friends like that!!

Pokey said...

Oh, now that's a friend, Patricia! Are you gonna have some fun creating, or what? Enjoy, and have a Happy New Year, too :-}pokey

Sarah Jane said...

What a gift! I love the fabrics and I'm sure you will make very good use of them. It is good when friends get back in touch and I hope you spend happy times together. Have a wonderful 2011

Gill - That British Woman said...

wow now that is a great gift to receive and you will put it too good use.

Hope you have a lovely 2011, wishing you all the best,

Gill

Barb H said...

What a great gift! What will you do with the fabrics--what kind of quilt pattern do you think? Maybe MM can design a pattern and you could stitch it--that way, it'll belong to both of you.