Saturday, December 14, 2013

I can't believe...

it has been such a long time since I last posted.  
Don't know why but, I have had to talk myself into getting in front of the sewing machine these days. Several UFO's needed to be completed before any new projects got started, I think that have must been the reason.

As mentioned before I make a quilt for my grandchildren when they reach the age of 18 years, and just received the latest one back from the quilter last week, machine stitched the binding on, now the label and hand stitching the binding is all that is left to do and it is finished.  My grand daughter's birthday was at the end of October, and I will be giving it to her over the Christmas holidays, better late than never, so they say.  I will post a photo when it is completed.

At our guild meeting last month members made pillow cases and donated them to Inn out of the Cold.  They are so easy to make, I must have got the pillowcase bug, so made four to add to the Christmas gifts for the younger members of the family. 
It has been snowing and blowing all day, and downright cold.  A good day to stay in, put up a small tree and decorated it this afternoon.  Tonight while watching TV I will do some stitching on the binding.
Patricia


The colours are not exactly as shown, the one on the left is more violet than blue.







 

2 comments:

Hazel said...

It's so cold and nasty here we haven't left the house all day .I just love making pillow cases there easy and so much fun ,yours are looking great .

Barb H said...


Welcome back, Patricia. Your pillowcases look wonderful. You'll get your quilting mojo back before you know it. :)