Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Still here

A fellow blogger was wondering if I was not blogging any more or doing it under another name.  Has it been that long since I last posted something?

At this time of the year I don't do a lot of sewing, having been stuck inside for what seems like an endless Winter, I can't wait to get outside.   Mowing the lawn and repairing the flower bed which was disrupted many times last year due to the city replacing the old electricity pole which was in the middle of this garden, is keeping me busy.  The other flower beds in the back garden are full of violets and creeping phlox, all in colours of purples, blues and pinks and ..........weeds.   Gardening is my Spring and Summer pastime, I love getting the dirt under my finger nails and after all of the work is done, sitting back and admiring the results. 
.
Family and other things in my life are also getting in the way of sewing and blogging, and that is the way I want it and how it should be.    The sewing machine and fabric will always be there for that rainy day or when I have a few minutes to spare.   I have UFO's to complete and new projects waiting to get started, so hopefully when I do post you will see completed quilts or wall hangings.

My blogging friends,  I do pop in and read all of your blogs, sometimes leaving a comment, sometimes just reading what you are doing.   You may not see a posting from me on a regular basis,  but I am still here.   

 
Patricia

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Good to know everything is fine ,I'm with you blogging comes second to family and friends ,enjoy the nice weather .

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

good to hear that you are doing well. I don't post as much as I used to either. Family also gets in the way and that "is" as it should be.

cottonreel said...

I have made several tops hoping to reduce my fabric stash .
It just does not seem to go down
Gardening is like a merry go round, it goes on forever
I'd love to just sit and read for a change