Monday, October 25, 2010

Phew! I was tired last night...............

Do you know how much sewing related "stuff" you have? I do, because I moved every bit of it yesterday, except a table and a bookcase, from my downstairs sewing room up to a main floor bedroom, that OH used as a den.

My sewing room was in a medium size storage room in the basement, it only had a small window which opened up under the back deck so no light ever came in, very depressing. So I decided to move everything into the room upstairs, because how many Tv's can one person watch. One call to a son in law and he came with his brother in law and all the big pieces were moved in a short period of time.

During the afternoon I moved all of the smaller things, I got my exercise, going up and down the stairs. Sorting magazines in publication date order, folding fabric and then sorting it by yardage and colour. Pins and needles in their proper containers, patterns in the right drawer and thread sorted by colour. I know, your saying OMG!!!, but I have to be organized. There was a place for everything and everything was in its place before dinner.

Now I can sit and sew in a room where I can look out the window and see the sun shine, (when and if it comes back ), and the snow when it starts to fly. Its just a more inviting room, hopefully it will start my creative juices flowing. I have a couple of projects that I want to start. The wedding quilt for my grand daughter and new hubby and a pictorial wall hanging.

Its that time of the year again, my Dr. is having a flu shot clinic today, my appointment is this afternoon, better safe than sorry. Its done its job in past years, so hopefully it will do it again this year.

Yesterday I agreed to volunteer at our city "Christmas Care" one day a week, starting on Nov.15. Christmas Care provides baskets of food, toys and necessary items for families that need help over Christmas. I need to keep busy, so this will help me and others at the same time.

Hope you are having a great Monday,
Patricia

3 comments:

Lane said...

I know exactly how you feel about getting everything in its place. But, how long can you keep it there? Me? Not as long as I would like. I'm constantly putting it away again. Take care and stay busy. Lane

Barb H said...

Patricia, when you've recovered from moving and organizing all your stuff, I want you to come visit me and do the same with my stuff! It won't be hard--it's going to go from upstairs to the basement--easy peasy!

Becky said...

I've been thinking about taking one of the upstairs bedrooms and moving my stuff up there...but I really don't want it on the second floor....maybe I'll move the toy room up there and take the toy room for my stuff. We'll see. Glad you are all settled in to your new space!