Friday, July 23, 2010

Finishing UFO's

Finally, some time to do a bit of quilting, so I have decided that before any new projects were going through my sewing machine, two UFO's were to be completed and given to their intended receiver. One finished (the birth announcement wall hanging) and the second (crib quilt) which I am hoping will be done by Sunday. Both projects are for my Great grandson, Ethan.

The cross stitch wedding sampler for my nephew, Jeff and his wife Cindy is finished and framed, ready to give to them in August, when they are having a family get together to celebrate their quiet July 2nd. wedding. When all completed I will post photo's.

Gill, from "That British Woman" asked me to post a photo of my pond. The "pond" is small, just the right size for our back garden. About 16 years ago, my two sons in law dug the hole, installed the liner, rocks and waterfall. The soil from the hole created a rock garden around it. All of the water lilies have finished blooming, I had five this year. At the present time the flowers in the garden are past their prime, next year I might plant some portulaca, SP? for some summer colour. The last photo shows my "duck" topiary, it hides the electric connection for the pump and filter. During the Winter we place a heater in the water to keep the fish alive. The white lines you can see over the pond is fishing line. Quite regularly we have a visiting heron looking for its dinner, this keeps it out of the water and is not too noticeable.



Hope everyone has a great weekend.



Patricia

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love your pond. I would love a big one on our property. We have the room, just not the money to do it at the moment....

Gill

Lane said...

Patricia, your pond is lovely and so peaceful looking. Enjoy your UFO's. Finishing them gives a great feeling of accomplishment. Lane

Elizabeth said...

Patricia, you have quite a backyard oasis going on there. I'll bet it is just so restful and beautiful to be there. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your UFO's.

xo -E

Quiltluver said...

That's a beautiful pond!