Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wedding quilt finish this week

At this point in time my second eldest grand daughter has been married for a year and a half, and I will be able to give her, her wedding quilt next weekend.

Why am I so late?  Fabric, no it was not for the lack of it, my stash will confirm that,  just could not find exactly the right one that I was looking for.  When I did find it, life got in the way as it usually does, then along comes Summer, not much sewing done during that time of the year.  Life then comes along again, finally completed the top and sent it to the friendly quilter man.  All quilted and picked it up Monday last week, at the present time doing the binding and label.

Going to take it with me on Thursday to my quilting meeting for show and tell, then will post a photo.  Waiting for the right fabric paid off as I am pleased with the way it looks.

Lazy, lazy lazy, as far as sewing is concerned right now, after doing all the necessary outside work, just too tired to get into the sewing room.  That work is now all done, must get my mojo back and dust off that machine and  finish a couple of UFO's and start a new one, a person always needs to start on another quilt.

This week I also donated a quilt to a local nursing home to be used in the palliative care department,  it was  simple pattern  but very colourful, so hope it gives some pleasure to families during a very difficult time.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Patricia

1 comment:

Pokey said...

Well that counts as 2 finished quilts on this post! You haven't lost too much "mojo". Outdoor work is draining to me, but I love the feeling of accomplishment. Happy Sunday, Pat!
:-}pokey