Friday, March 15, 2013

UFO finished....

Some time ago I purchased fabric for what was going to be a quilt for my guest bedroom, however, when I was reading the pattern again, ready to start cutting, I realized I did not purchase enough of one of the colours. So taking a sample of the piece needed, headed back to the quilt shop.  Under the lights in the shop the fabric matched, however, when getting it home and putting up against the previously bought fabric it was not.  Using a different pattern and fabric which was close in colour to the painted walls in my room, and the floral, blue and pink fabric which was going to be in the guest bed quilt, I started one for my room. 
Wanting the quilt to hang over the sides of the bed a bit more and go over the pillows, I made it larger than the pattern indicated by adding more blocks to the length and by adding the second border of blocks and strips of pink and blue.  The top was completed some time ago, however, other projects, Christmas and life in general got in the way of it's completion.  I am happy to now report this quilt is done.  Finished putting the binding on a couple of nights ago and now I am as snug as a bug in a rug.  Due to the lighting and the flash the colour is off a bit, it is a lot better in real life,  but you can get an idea of how it looks.  The lighter fabric within the trellis has some of the trellis colour, pale blue, pink and some grey toned flowers in it.  I like how it has turned out. 

1 comment:

Pokey said...

You made a good save with your newer fabrics, Pat. It sure is flattered by your wall color. Nice to see a picture with your post, too ~