Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Snow Day......

Definitely a snow day for the school children, as the buses did not do any pick ups today.

Yes, I think Winter has officially arrived,  as I write we have at least 5 inches of snow on the ground and the forecast is predicting a wallop of snow which will result in 8 inches or more.  Compounded by winds which will result in a windchill reaching -25 C in the afternoon. 

It all looks very pretty from where I am sitting, very quiet as all of the traffic sounds are muffled by the snow.  The newspaper this a.m. has an article about "frost quakes", which results from a patch of ground that is saturated with moisture which freezes and the underground ice cracks.  This causes a loud bang,  I heard it only once last year, it's early Winter so there is always a chance we may hear it again this year.

My neighbour is fighting a lost cause I think, as he is now blowing the snow off my driveway, with the wind starting to blow it could be an ongoing chore today, don't know what I would do with him. 

There is no reason for me to go out today, so a closet to de-clutter this morning and a sewing afternoon in on my agenda for the day.

Stay safe and warm.

Patricia





No comments: